At our last meetup, we talked about how DNS works and what the implications of the US government...Read More
EFF-Austin just received this press release from the Computer and Communications Industry Association: Contact: Heather Greenfield 202-783-0070 ext 113 email@example.com Ed Black 202-783-0070 ext 110 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:...Read More
Loretta Sanchez, a California Democrat in the House of Representatives, is proposing a bill requiring Homeland Security to issue rules governing searches and seizures so that they are no longer able to operate completely in the...Read More
Last week, Lawrence Lessig gave a fantastic presentation on how government policies for broadband, cybersecurity and copyright have been corrupted by special interest lobbying. Lessig does a great job explaining why...Read More
YOUR DONATIONS ENABLE OUR WORK!
We are all volunteers at EFF-Austin and our work is enabled through donations from concerned citizens like you.
EFF-Austin advocates establishment and protection of digital rights and defense of the wealth of digital information, innovation, and technology. We promote the right of all citizens to communicate and share information without unreasonable constraint. We also advocate the fundamental right to explore, tinker, create, and innovate along the frontier of emerging technologies.
- EFF to Court: California Law Does Not Bar Content Moderation on Social Media May 23, 2022
- EFF Opposes Anti-Fiber, Anti-Affordability Legislation in California That Will Raise Prices on Middle Income Users May 23, 2022
- Escape from Zoom: EFF's 6th Annual Tech Trivia Night Returns to Meatspace! May 23, 2022
- DOJ’s New CFAA Policy is a Good Start But Does Not Go Far Enough to Protect Security Researchers May 19, 2022
- Two of Peru's Top ISPs Improve Transparency Practices, While Two Competitors Lag Behind, New Hiperderecho's Report Shows May 19, 2022
Oral History of EFF-Austin
Joel Greenberg recorded an oral history with EFF-Austin early board members John Quarterman, Ed Cavazos, and Jon Lebkowsky. Link