Date: December 9th 2020, 7 – 10pmLocation: Virtual (Zoom) Cost: Suggested donation of...Read More
Author: Maggie Duval
Feb 22, 2020 | Events
Featuring: Bruce Sterling (Chairman Bruce, the godfather of cyberpunk), author Christopher Brown...Read More
Oct 3, 2009 | Events
The fine folks at FG Squared sponsored OneWebDay2009 Austin, which was co-produced by EFF-Austin and Plutopia Productions. What follows are the audio recordings of the talks and panel. The Internet Then and Now The Internet Then...Read More
YOUR DONATIONS ENABLE OUR WORK!
We are all volunteers at EFF-Austin and our work is enabled through donations from concerned citizens like you.
EFF-Austin advocates establishment and protection of digital rights and defense of the wealth of digital information, innovation, and technology. We promote the right of all citizens to communicate and share information without unreasonable constraint. We also advocate the fundamental right to explore, tinker, create, and innovate along the frontier of emerging technologies.
- Geofence Warrants and Reverse Keyword Warrants are So Invasive, Even Big Tech Wants to Ban Them May 13, 2022
- California Law Enforcement Now Needs Approval for Military-Grade Surveillance Equipment. We'll Be Watching. May 12, 2022
- In a Blow to Free Speech, Texas’ Social Media Law Allowed to Proceed Pending Appeal May 12, 2022
- The EU Commission’s New Proposal Would Undermine Encryption And Scan Our Messages May 12, 2022
- EFF to Court: Fair Use is a Right Congress Cannot Cast Aside May 11, 2022
Oral History of EFF-Austin
Joel Greenberg recorded an oral history with EFF-Austin early board members John Quarterman, Ed Cavazos, and Jon Lebkowsky. Link