On August 7th, the Austin City Council approved a four-year study on the use of robotics by the...Read More
Author: Gregory Foster
May 7, 2013 | Privacy
TxEPC Action! This Thursday May 9th, the Texas House of Representatives votes on HB1608 to determine whether our state will respect the privacy of your mobile phone geolocation data. Mobile phones are designed to track...Read More
YOUR DONATIONS ENABLE OUR WORK!
We are all volunteers at EFF-Austin and our work is enabled through donations from concerned citizens like you.
EFF-Austin advocates establishment and protection of digital rights and defense of the wealth of digital information, innovation, and technology. We promote the right of all citizens to communicate and share information without unreasonable constraint. We also advocate the fundamental right to explore, tinker, create, and innovate along the frontier of emerging technologies.
- California Leads on Reproductive and Trans Health Data Privacy October 1, 2022
- EFF to NJ court: Give defendants information regarding police use of facial recognition technology September 30, 2022
- Victory! Court Unseals Records Showing Patent Troll’s Shakedown Efforts September 30, 2022
- Google Loses Appeal Against EU's Record Antitrust Fine, But Will Big Tech Ever Change? September 29, 2022
- Automated License Plate Readers Threaten Abortion Access. Here's How Policymakers Can Mitigate the Risk September 28, 2022
Oral History of EFF-Austin
Joel Greenberg recorded an oral history with EFF-Austin early board members John Quarterman, Ed Cavazos, and Jon Lebkowsky. Link