If you’ve got 90 minutes to spare, this looks like a great discussion with Richard Stallman of GNU and FSF fame about EME, also known as DRM in the HTML5 standard, and why such systems of software control leave us all worse off.
January 8th Meetup – Biopolitics & Biohacking – Medicine, Technoscience, & Health in the 21st Century
December 29, 2017
March 1, 2012
YOUR DONATIONS ENABLE OUR WORK!
We are all volunteers at EFF-Austin and our work is enabled through donations from concerned citizens like you.
EFF-Austin advocates establishment and protection of digital rights and defense of the wealth of digital information, innovation, and technology. We promote the right of all citizens to communicate and share information without unreasonable constraint. We also advocate the fundamental right to explore, tinker, create, and innovate along the frontier of emerging technologies.
- This Judge’s Investigation Of Patent Trolls Must Be Allowed to Move Forward December 2, 2022
- India Requires Internet Services to Collect and Store Vast Amount of Customer Data, Building a Path to Mass Surveillance December 2, 2022
- How to Make a Mastodon Account and Join the Fediverse December 1, 2022
- International Coalition of Rights Groups Call on Internet Infrastructure Providers to Avoid Content Policing December 1, 2022
- Let Data Breach Victims Sue Marriott December 1, 2022
Oral History of EFF-Austin
Joel Greenberg recorded an oral history with EFF-Austin early board members John Quarterman, Ed Cavazos, and Jon Lebkowsky. Link