View “#BART Special Board Meeting re: Cellphone Shutdown & Protests” on Storify Earlier: BART’s Protest Position Does Not Withstand Legal ScrutinyRead More
Guest post by Jay Leiderman of Leiderman Devine LLP [ @LeidermanDevine ]. Also available on Paste2. On Tuesday, 16 August 2011, BART [ @SFBART ] spokesperson Linton Johnson [ @BARTChiefSpokes ] held a press conference to address...Read More
BART cellphone shutdown option introduced to board of directors in closed session; or, 3 Questions For #BART
Before beginning, it’s worth stating that EFF-Austin [ @EFFaustin ] is based in…well, Austin. Our statements have no association with national EFF [ @EFF ], based in San Francisco, beyond the principles we share (see...Read More
YOUR DONATIONS ENABLE OUR WORK!
We are all volunteers at EFF-Austin and our work is enabled through donations from concerned citizens like you.
EFF-Austin advocates establishment and protection of digital rights and defense of the wealth of digital information, innovation, and technology. We promote the right of all citizens to communicate and share information without unreasonable constraint. We also advocate the fundamental right to explore, tinker, create, and innovate along the frontier of emerging technologies.
- DOJ’s New CFAA Policy is a Good Start But Does Not Go Far Enough to Protect Security Researchers May 19, 2022
- Two of Peru's Top ISPs Improve Transparency Practices, While Two Competitors Lag Behind, New Hiperderecho's Report Shows May 19, 2022
- We Finally Have a Federal Fiber Broadband Plan May 18, 2022
- New Surveillance Transparency Report Documents an Urgent Need for Change May 18, 2022
- EFF to Supreme Court: Put Texas Social Media Law Back on Hold May 17, 2022
Oral History of EFF-Austin
Joel Greenberg recorded an oral history with EFF-Austin early board members John Quarterman, Ed Cavazos, and Jon Lebkowsky. Link