The CIA is investing in several tech companies working on mining social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc., with the purpose of determining “networks of association, centers of influence and potential signs of radicalization.”
November 9, 2016
September 11, 2018
November 14, 2015
YOUR DONATIONS ENABLE OUR WORK!
We are all volunteers at EFF-Austin and our work is enabled through donations from concerned citizens like you.
EFF-Austin advocates establishment and protection of digital rights and defense of the wealth of digital information, innovation, and technology. We promote the right of all citizens to communicate and share information without unreasonable constraint. We also advocate the fundamental right to explore, tinker, create, and innovate along the frontier of emerging technologies.
- Setting the Record Straight: EFF Statement in Support of FCC Nominee Gigi Sohn January 31, 2023
- EFF Files Amicus Briefs in Two Important Geofence Search Warrant Cases January 31, 2023
- The FCC Broadband Maps: Meet the New Maps, Same as the Old Maps January 31, 2023
- Two Steps Forward, One Step Back on Vaccine Privacy in New York January 31, 2023
- Stupid Patent of the Month: Digital Verification Systems Patents E-Signatures January 30, 2023
Oral History of EFF-Austin
Joel Greenberg recorded an oral history with EFF-Austin early board members John Quarterman, Ed Cavazos, and Jon Lebkowsky. Link